ABOUT US: EntryPoint is a Gold-Level SAP consulting partner and software reseller with practices dedicated to various products, industries and market segments. We’ve been giving our clients the opportunity to do SAP the right way for nearly 10 years. The Global Trade Practice has been focused on SAP Global Trade Service from GTS’s very beginning and has developed a reputation of being both very different and very good. You can find out a lot about the practice on this blog site and about our company at our corporate website.
ABOUT YOU: Though some people say opposites attract, we are looking to find someone who is exactly like us. To be the perfect match for our team, the following needs to accurately describe you:
- You want to love your job. Maybe not all the time and maybe not right now, but mostly you work because you find true gratification in what you do. You are curious and creative, you don’t tolerate boredom or mediocrity and you are much more driven by intrinsic motivations than external rewards.
- You love global trade. You don’t see GTS as just another SAP application, but really enjoy the complexity of global supply chains and regulations. You care more about how companies can improve their business than just doing cool things with technology.
- You love to learn. This is why you do what you do. You know that life isn’t about what you know (or who you know), but about what you are able to discover every day. You are ready to ask the stupid question, to always learn as much as you teach and to dedicate the hard work it takes to really master your craft.
- You love people. Some people may think being a great GTS consultant is just about knowing GTS really, really well. Though that’s important, what will make you a successful GTS consultant is your ability to communicate, relate, educate, motivate and collaborate. You have to be more interested in the people than in the technology.
- You love to lead. You don’t have to a born-CEO or a Type-A juggernaut to be a leader. What this means is that you can take an idea or initiative from inception to completion, while enjoying the challenges and never hiding behind excuses. You will seek out opportunities to guide clients and colleagues in doing the right thing, not the easy thing (and always on-time and under budget).
- You love to collaborate. You need to be the type who understands the importance of being self-sufficient and the power of being a very active part of a cohesive team. You know that your biggest and best ideas will often come when you are by yourself, but you realize they almost always get bigger and better with the involvement of your trusted team members. Our team is successful because we collaborate constantly and each client gets the benefit of having all of us working for them, even when they may only see one of us.
That’s the important part, but since you’re going to be a GTS consultant, you should also know GTS, along with the SD and MM modules of ECC.
- You should be very comfortable with configuration, not just how to configure, but the rationale and implications for each configuration decision.
- You should be able to navigate through the table structure in GTS and ECC and be at ease writing table-level queries.
- You don’t have to know how to write code, but you should be able to read it and understand the ways in which you would use custom code to enhance GTS.
- You should have a good technical understanding of how GTS integrates/communicates with other applications and technologies.
- And finally, you should be able to navigate through the great majority of GTS transactions as well as any veteran GTS super-user.
We’ve found that years of past experience and the number of acronyms on your resume do not translate well to true skill, so you’ll notice that there are no minimum levels of experience listed. You’ll interview with a team of the most seasoned SAP and GTS consultants around, so we’ll find out what you really know about SAP and GTS. And you probably also noticed a repeated use of the word should, rather than must. If you got all the above qualities that will make you a fantastic EntryPoint GTS Consultant, but are short a skill or two, we’re still going to be interested in you (though get ready to work around the clock to get up-to-speed quickly).
ABOUT US AND YOU: If this sounds like you, we should talk. Contact us at global_trade AT entrypointconsulting DOT com.